Let me give you a little secret in saving… It’s best to only bring the needed amount of money when going to the grocery stores or shops because physically holding lots of money can trigger you to impulsively buy a product that is not originally in your “things to buy” list, therefore ruining your savings plan.
Fortunately, BPI offers Easy Saver Account. This account will not only help you avoid over spending your money, but can also make sure of the security of your money.
Isn’t it great?
Piggy banks and vaults are good, but please bear in mind that you are missing the advantage of safekeeping your money and also earning a small interest on top of your savings if placed in a savings bank account. Instead of keeping your money dormant at your homes, why not let it grow a little?
Additionally, modern technology has improved the banking services making it a necessity for every individual to secure their own savings account. But, due to their high maintaining balance that working students cannot achieve, not all the people have the luxury to open their own account.
Worry no more, because Easy Saver Account is open for everyone who wanted to apply– even students, but be reminded that business entities are not advised to open and maintain an account. This may be the reason why other people are having trouble in applying for it. BPI wanted other people to have a chance of acquiring the advantages they are offering.
So why should you choose the BPI Easy Saver?
- Student Friendly – BPI account with no maintaining balance needed (age requirement : 10 years old or above)
- Budget Friendly – Open your account for only ₱200.00 (additional ₱50.00 for the card)
- Easy Monitoring – easily track your own spending by monitoring your money thru online banking (i.e. BPI Express Online, BPI App)
- Accessibility thru ATMs – get emergency cash wherever and whenever you need it
- Minimum Withdrawal: ₱500.00
- Daily ATM withdrawal limit : ₱ 20,000.00
- Maximum Deposit: No maximum deposit limit, but the bank may be alarmed if you are depositing large amounts of money regularly.
Note: Maximum Depositor Insurance is ₱500,000.00
- International Transactions are readily available
- Annual Interest Rate – Even though banks offer small interest rates, it is still better than nothing.
- BPI – Interest Rate of 0.250% per annum (required balance of ₱1,000.00 to earn interest)
- BPI Family – Interest Rate of 0.500% per annum (required balance of ₱1,000.00 to earn interest)
Example: If for a year, the balance of your account is ₱1,000.00. Multiply it by 0.0025 or 0.0050 = ₱2.50 or ₱5.00 yearly
- Safety – never mishandle your money again; prevent thefts
- Safe keeping – you are assured that your money are placed in the safest place
- Transactions made convenient – minimum fee for each transaction
- Balance Inquiry :
- BPI ATMs , Express Teller Online, BPI Application – FREE
- Non- BPI ATMs – ₱ 1.50
- BPI ATMs
- ₱ 5.00 Transaction Fee
- No ATM Withdrawal Fee
- Non- BPI ATMs
- ₱ 5.00 Transaction Fee
- ₱ 15.00 ATM Withdrawal Fee
Again, you are highly encouraged to save money rather than withdrawing it
Now I believe you are quite convinced. Let me give you the steps on how to apply for the account:
5 Really Easy Steps to open an Account in BPI for BPI Easy Saver
- Go the nearest BPI Bank
- Present the following BPI Easy Saver Requirements upon application for the account
- Valid ID with photo and signature
- 1×1 ID Picture
- Utility Bill that would reflect your current address
- ₱200.00 initial deposit and additional ₱50.00 for the Card Fee
- Wait for 3 business days to get your ATM card (some banks can give your card as early as the day of application)
- Check your Card thru any BPI ATMs (it is best to also change the PIN number of your card)
- Apply for the online banking at BPI Express Online for easy monitoring
Listed are the accepted Primary and Secondary IDs for the application in BPI:
- For students:
- Present your current and unexpired school ID signed by the principal or head of school & Legal and current Registration Form from the school
- List of Primary IDs accepted for non-students by the BPI:
- Passport including those issued by foreign governments
- Driver’s license
- Social Security Systems (SSS) ID
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- Government Service and Insurance Systems (GSIS) e-Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government office IDs like Armed Forces of the Philippines ID, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- or institutions
- IDs issued by an official foreign authority (e.g., foreign passport,
foreign driver’s license, etc.)
- If you are a foreign resident – IDs issued by the government that you are a resident of.
List of Secondary IDs accepted for non-students:
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Barangay Certification
- Senior Citizens Card
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- IDs issued by National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA)
- PhilHealth Health Insurance Card ng Bayan
- Overseas Filipino ID
- Presentation of at least 1 primary ID is enough to process the request
- Presentation of only the Secondary IDs listed will require you to have the following documents
- Presentation of another unexpired ID or another certification or clearance issued by an official authority listed as the acceptable IDs
- Verification with the issuing unit or office prior to the approval of account opening
- If certification and clearance is presented, the date issued should be only within the 3 month period
Also, the transaction fees are implemented because BPI wanted you to only withdraw money if it is really necessary or if it is an emergency thus, letting you think twice before spending.