The best part in life of a woman and a man is when they get married after all the struggles of working out the relationships. Getting married is uneasy task. There are plenty of things to prepare such as the emotions of each partner, the budget or the cost, the venue, wedding blessings, the expensive rings and most especially, the requirements before the matrimony.
In Israel, since this is the place where Christians believed Jesus Christ was born in this Holy Land, traditions like wedding ceremony is a sacred thing, but this is in the side of the religion. How about if parties whom to get married are in Israel? The process may vary.
If you are an OFW who would like to know the procedure to get married, these are the important things that you and your partner need to know so you and your partner will still be able to experience the traditional Filipino wedding.
Location of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18, Tel Aviv-Yafo,62260 Israel
Business Hours: Sundays-Thursdays 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Requirements to Get Married in Philippine Embassy –Israel (for both parties)
|1. Birth Certificate (Original PSA Copy with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon)||See www.dfa.gov.ph for updated lists of fees|
|2. Certificate of no Marriage (CENOMAR) (Original NSO Copy with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon)|
|3. Four (4) pieces passport-sized photos|
|5. Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM)||$25 each (or NIS equivalent based on current Embassy rate)|
|6. Application of Marriage License (only one application for both parties)||$25|
|7. Affidavit of Parental Consent (for any party aged between 18-21 years old)|
|8. Affidavit of Parental Advice (for any party aged between 21-25 years old)|
|1. Schedule of Ceremony at the Embassy||$60|
|2. Report of Marriage (Registration)||$25|
|3. Certificate of Witness||$25|
- The Republic of the Philippine Embassy may only solemnize a marriage between two Filipino Nationals
- The solemnization ceremony must be held at the Embassy
In case of marriage in Cyprus, these will be the requirements:
- Original Marriage Certificate with Apostille
- Documents used to contract marriage in Cyprus
- Original PSA-issued Certificate with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon
- Original Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM)
- Original PSA-issued Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon
- Original Annulment Papers, if previous marriage was annulled.
- Certificate of Finality (with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon)
- Court Decision (with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon)
- Original PSA-issued Marriage Certificate with annotation on annulment (with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon)
- Original PSA-issued Birth Certificate with DFA Authentication/Red Ribbon.
- Original PSA-issued Death Certificate of former spouse, if a widow/widower
- Passport with entry visa in Cyprus of both parties
For further inquiries to know where to register for wedding, please contact the Embassy’s Consular Section at 03-601-0516 or email email@example.com.
Procedure to Get Married
Basically, there is no technical procedure of marriage. Ceremonies of wedding are quite exciting after both parties have fully completed and complied with all the requirements set forth by the Embassy.
Right Age to Get Married
Under the Philippine Law, the legal age to get married is 18. This is for both men and women. However, even if parties reach the legal age, they still need to get parental consent and parental advice from both parents for justification.
When to Get Married
According to the scripture in Romans 13:1-2 that says, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.” This means that not only the parties had known to them that they must submit their selves to the governing bodies after both parties had agreed to the matrimonial ceremony of marriage. This does not depend on whether parties became successful, have millions in their bank accounts or have several houses and the likes because this is for practicality side only. Getting married is having a spiritual contract with two humans and it does not dictate whatever status they belong in the society. They just need to comply on the age which is 18 years requirement and the paper documents that both parties need to accomplish before everything gets settled.