The iDOLE OFW Identification Card is a recent conceptualization for OFWs that is being materialized and created this year of 2017 upon its release. This new, simplified, and modernized integrated identification system allows the OFWs to have their own identification and passport system for enhanced functionality and overall convenience. Before then, our OFWs have the traditional certificates that prove them as legitimate Filipino workers in the country or nation that they’re working in. Considered as a milestone for OFW development, its first release is expected to be seamless in processing and functions offered.
The main concern is that people involved need a chunk full of information with regards to what are the needed aspects in having this OFW ID card. There comes the array of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) of the people in relation to getting their OFW ID card and possible online verification (for the ID verification purposes). In order to obtain one, questions asks as to who, what, when, where, or even why.
From online applications, future OFW ID app, digital ID card systems to be established, electronic passport database, there are several aspects of the OFW ID card that are most asked with answers correspondingly stated. Let us find, ask questions and get answers to the following:
1. How Much OFW ID? Is this FREE?
– As of concurrent moment, it is now totally FREE. No fees will be collected in order to obtain the OFW ID.
2. What if this is the very first time going back in PH. No OEC yet and everything. What do I need to present? Just employment contract and visa?
– The process of sparing new incoming OFWs without OEC will be subjected directly to OFW ID card processing. This means that convenience is greatly enhanced. Employment contracts and other supporting documents are recommended to be prepared beforehand.
3. How OFW Working abroad or outside Philippines can get the Card?
– There are online applications that can be accessed by the OFWs. This can be accessed into the central database of DOLE and furthermore, all will be preceded to the counsel stations near the designated foreign country.
4. How long is the OFW ID Processing?
– The processing can take around 20-30 minutes (verification in the official DOLE OFW roster)
5. When will the OFW cards be issued?
– The target date for the official, global launch of the I-DOLE card is August 2017. Starting August, an OFW can avail of the card from the embassy, or when on vacation, in any of the POEA regional offices and at the DoLE Building in Intramuros, Manila.
6. How can an OFW who changed their registered address as per POEA records claim the ID?
– There are POLO offices in the host country that they reside in. In there, you can claim your OFW ID card.
7. What happens to those who changed employers and have not yet updated their information with POEA?
– Updating of the central database of POLO and DOLE of the official OFW Roster will be done to confirm certain changes in registered address, employers and fees. Certain charges will apply as coordination of POEA and POLO initiates.
8. Does the OFW ID have expiration?
– The card holder can locate the expiry date (Travel Exit Clearance) which is valid for two years from the date of issuance. This is entitled travel tax exemptions.
9. Can a Former OFW be a recipient of OFW ID?
– Yes, current and former OFWs can receive the new OFW ID card.
10. Are directly hired OFWs eligible to get the OFW ID?
– Yes, they are included in the recipients of the new OFW ID card.
11. What are the other uses of the OFW ID?
– Initially made as a convenient and modern replacement of the OEC, in the future, this can act as an e-passport for Overseas Filipino Workers.
– In addition, this can serve as a debit or credit card in the OFW bank (opening soon).
12. How secured is the OFW ID?
– The new OFW ID card showcases enhanced security measures because of its anti-tampering technology.
13. Is there an available app for the OFW ID?
– Plans have been laid with regards to the creation of the OFW ID app. Development of the alpha stages for the application (Android and iOS) are planned for the OFWs.
14. What is the official website of OFW ID?