For all those wondering how to get an alien certificate registration or commonly known as ACT Identity card (ACR I-card), here’s your complete guide on the following matters you should consider before applying.
What is ACR I-card?
ACR I-card is a replacement for the paper-based ACR issued to registered aliens. The new ACR I-card is now a microchip-based credit card-sized identification card that has biometric features that can hold certain data and be updated electronically. The ACR I-Card now serves as the Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC), Re-entry Permit (RP) and Special Return Certificate (SRC) of the holder upon payment of the required fees.
This will serve as the immigrant’s certificate of residence in the Philippines. This is commonly applicable to all foreigners living in manila that wanted to retire or stay in the Philippines.
Who can apply for ACR I-card?
This is all for foreign nationals who are visa holders of Temporary Visitor’s Visa or Tourist Visa that have stayed for more than fifty-nine (59) days in the Philippines. Here is the complete list of ACR requirements;
|Where to apply?||You can apply in the BI Main office or in other immigration offices.|
|What should I bring?|
|How to apply?||Your ACR I-card application together with your application for visa should be submitted to BI office.|
|How much does it cost?||$ 50.00|
You need to add ₱500.00
To avoid denial/delay in the processing of your application, please be advised of the following:
1. All documents required for submission must be complied with, arranged in the order as listed in the
Checklist of Documentary Requirements (CDR), compiled in a legal size (8½ x 14 in.) folder and shall be
submitted within the prescribed period, if applicable. Otherwise, your application shall not be accepted.
2. The original valid passport of the applicant must be submitted to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU)
personnel or concerned frontline officer for scanning. Thereafter, it shall be returned.
3. It is recommended that you seek legal advice from lawyers and/or BI-accredited entities.
Checklist of Documentary Requirements for Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) Waiver.
Please read carefully the above-stated General Instructions, before proceeding with the completion of the documentary requirements.
1. Letter request addressed to the Commissioner personally signed by the applicant, stating therein valid
and meritorious reason for waiver, and stamped “No Derogatory Records” by the Certification and
Clearance Section (CCS);
2. Photocopy of the applicant’s ACR I-Card transaction form claim stub;
3. Photocopy of applicant’s passport bio-page and latest visa implementation page;
4. Photocopy of airline ticket showing applicant’s name and date of departure; and
5. Official receipt of payment for ACR I-Card waiver application.
|Where to apply?||You can apply in the BI Main office or other immigration offices|
|What should I bring?||Your completed application form and,|
All documents needed.
|How can I renew my ACR I-card?||1. Complete your application for and all other requirements and submit it.|
2. Check the database for any derogatory record.
3. Get an Order of Payment Slip (OPS).
4. Pay the required fees.
5. Submit copy of Official Receipt.
6. After evaluation of application, check the status of the ACR I-card and when approved, it shall be printed.
7. Present claim stub and identification (ID) card.
|How much does it cost?||I-card fee costs $ 50.00 and Express fee costs ₱500.00|
Are children under 5 years old required to have an ACR I-card?
Under the Philippine Immigration law, Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, children below fifteen (15) years of age who are unaccompanied by or not coming to a parent, are classified as excludable. In order for them to be admitted into the Philippines, they must secure a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) from the Bureau of Immigration Philippines, upon proper coordination with the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). They may be allowed admission upon the approval of the Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration (BI).
Voluntary Application for ACR I-Card
- Who can apply?
- A foreign national who voluntarily applies for an ACR I-Card
- Where to apply?
- BI Main Office
- How to apply?
- Secure and fill out an application form and attach required documents.
- Submit application with complete requirements.
- Check the database for any derogatory record.
- Get an Order of Payment Slip (OPS).
- Pay the required fees.
- Submit copy of Official Receipt.
- After evaluation of application and approved, the ACR I-Card shall be printed.
- Present claim stub and identification (ID) card.
|How much does it cost?|
|I-Card Fee||$ 50. 00|