As a Filipino working overseas, I’m sure you have encountered the hassle of obtaining an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), which serves as your proof or license that you are working legally in your respective country. Without your OEC, you would not be allowed to leave the Philippines and return to your country of employment, as it serves as your travel document and exit pass as well.
- Starting next week, overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) may finally get their much-awaited identification card (ID) from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to help fast track their government transactions.
- Olalia said they are targeting to start the printing and distribution of the OFW ID either on Dec. 5 or 6 in time for the surge in the arrival of OFW for the Christmas holidays.“By first week of December we will roll out the ID,” Olalia said.
- For Latest Update! Please type on Google ofwmoney.org iDole Guide
The hassle, however, lies in the fact that getting an OEC is time consuming, as you have to endure a long trip just to go to the Philippine Embassy or the Philippine Consulate General, line-up for long queues, and then pay for extra fees. Furthermore, having to secure this piece of paper can be quite challenging. Once gone, you would have to file for another one again.
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is set to launch a special ID card from the former form of ID system which is Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). The iDole is the new and improved OFW identification card (ID) that comes with OFW ID number with multiple usage you wouldn’t have imagined before.
What are the requirements to get my iDole OFW ID?
All of you have to do is bring primary to secondary identification cards for identity confirmations before visiting the nearest regional office in your place or go to the main office of DOLE to get your iDOLE ID.
How to Get OFW ID Card
There are easy steps as to how a passport owner or OFW can get his or her iDOLE card. Secretary Bello said about this, “Application is not needed. If you are an OFW, you will be given the iDOLE ID because your name is already in the official roster of OFWs, so they will start processing your ID and we will give it to you.”
SEE OFW iDole Explained Video! Tick the Link:
Basically, the steps are as follows:
Note: As application of I-DOLE is not yet available online via DOLE’s website, you are required to go to any DOLE office nearest you or to their main office.
2. Bring 2 or more valid IDs as proof of your identification. Government IDs are surely considered valid.
2.1 If necessary, bring your OEC or Overseas Employment Certificate that will show as a proof that it will be your first time to acquire the iDOLE ID.
3. Upon reaching DOLE’s office, approach the person-in-charge for your application.
4. As the need arises, present your OEC as a proof that you have applied for an I-DOLE for the first time.
5. Wait for the processing as your name will be verified from the data base of qualified OFWs based from POEA’s listing.
6. After successful verification, your ID will then be printed and will be made ready for release
7. Wait until your name be called for the release of your I-DOLE.
SEE ALSO: Most Asked Questions About OFW ID
Just to be sure, let’s wait for their announcements. Nonetheless, at least you already have an overview of an easy step-by-step process of getting an IDOLE ID online. Simply refer to this article once the DOLE has finalized everything regarding the application again. Had there been any changes or revisions in the process, we will update you.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.