Are you already starting to wonder why do you keep on forgetting your Debit Card Pin code for your ATM?
Do you want steps on how to recover your security pin? Even though you might still be young, this naturally happens due to a lot of factors (e.g., busy for work, the account number might be old enough triggering memory loss, long time gap before you’ve actually had a chance to open your account again, pin code that doesn’t have any resemblance, etc.).
Well, no one’s perfect, and we all had those embarrassing moment. I, too had forgotten my ATM pin also, but lucky for me I have recalled it after some time.
Admit it or not, you’ve been through a moment in your lives wherein passwords for different accounts (e.g., ATM Cards, Mobile accounts, Online Gaming Accounts, Phone Lock Passwords, etc.) were forgotten out of the blue – password blackout – then depression came in. Well, don’t be too frustrated to shout “I forgot my Debit card pin!!!” or “I forgot my pin for my Debit card!!”, just keep calm because it’s practically normal.
With that being said, we all need some quick tips on how to effectively recall our blocked BDO ATM Debit, or Cash Cards:
- Recall if your pin number forms a visual pattern on the keypad
- Imagine what you have felt during the time that you were entering your pin number. Think of what number would you want to enter during that specific day.
- Recall if your pin number is somewhat the same with your other accounts
- Recall if there is a story behind your pin number. Maybe it is the date that you bought your first car or the date that you slipped from a puddle.
- Think if your pin number is connected to other people associated to you. Maybe it’s your crush’s number at the pageant and so on.
- Think if your pin number is convertible to words
- Remember if you had any encryption formula for your password
Note: This is also applicable to those who forgot their credit card pin.
To prevent this from happening again, be sure to follow these ideas so as to avoid the said scenario from happening again.
- Create a visual pattern in the keypad every time you enter your pin number
- It’s unsafe to write down your pincode however, it is okay to write it down in an encrypted form depending on the encryption formula that you prefer, then hide the paper in a safe place
- Think of any memorable word that you can make out of your pin number
- Associate your pin number to any memorable moment of your life
Now, pin or password security is a different idea, you need to add extra security measures and be particular in everything you do with your card. Here are a few tips to follow:
- Regularly change your pin code
- Do not tell to other people about your pin code
- Do not lend your ATM Card and ATM number to somebody
- Cover your hands while entering the pin numbers at the ATM machines
However, be careful for there are many instances of BDO ATM pin blocked because of entering an incorrect password – BDO’s maximum pin attempts is 3 times per day. Also, if you really can’t remember your password, then the only choice is to call the BDO and apply for a replacement card at your BDO Branch. On the brighter side, this is their process of adhering to the security standards of their company which is why you should be proud of it.
The tips earlier all applies for those who have changed the default password that BDO has given them. If you are still using your default pin number, then enter that. It can be seen at the envelope that BDO has given you with your card.
Additionally, BDO’s default pin has their own complex algorithm which ensures the uniqueness of every pin to all of their clients. Of course banks will not spill whatever algorithm they are using due to a lot of hacking attempts that has been made and has penetrated to different banks across the world. It was said that it is due to the algorithm made by the default password of every card. But for additional information, there is this One-Time Password (OTP), a 6 character code, which enables the user to activate their BDO Online Banking System. Entering the OTP being sent in your mobile phones is a requirement to fully access the online banking feature. OTP uses a pseudo-randomness to make algorithms that is difficult to hack. OTPs are based on time, previous OTP Password, and randomness so it’ll be difficult for the hackers to use the pin again.
Furthermore, you might be wondering what to do if the pin tries has already exceeded. Follow the 5 successful steps or instructions below:
- Go to a BDO ATM machine and enter your 6 digit pin number
- There is a maximum of 3 tries per day for an incorrect pin input, you can go back tomorrow and hopefully enter the correct pin number to prevent it from being blocked.
- If your card is already blocked, it is important to call the BDO regarding the matter
- They’ll be asking you series of questions: one of which is the 12 – 16 digit number for your card and other personal information to verify your identity.
- They’ll be advising you to go to your BDO Branch then tell them about the situation
- Due to security measures, ATM passwords will never be retrieved by the BDO. So be sure to apply for the Replacement card and bring the necessary information telling BDO that you really own the card.
- Once successful, having a replacement card will need you to enter again a new pin number
For more information, questions, or concerns:
Metro Manila: 631-8000s
(International Access Code)-800-8-6318000
Just remember that having these experiences enables us to learn from our mistakes – because experiences are the greatest teacher of our lives. In our own little ways, we might discover some techniques that can help us on a regular basis. So how about you, have you experienced these difficulties?