Are you looking for a fast, easiest and online application of credit cards in the Philippines? Due to the wide variety of choices there is nowadays, it’s hard to decide which bank to get a credit card from. Although each card’s purpose are alike, many banks are diverse when it comes to their card types, function, perks and rates, which makes it impossible for someone to choose in a snap.
If a local consumer would be asked of their judgment, some would surely say the name “Citibank.” This bank is known to be a provider of credit cards that suits someone’s lifestyle. They have a wide selection of cards to offer at a reasonable price.
List of Citi Card and their Annual Membership Fees
|Card Type||Principal Card||Supplementary Card|
|Citi Cash Back Card||₱3,500.00||₱1,750.00|
|Shell Citi Card||₱2,500.00||₱1,200.00|
|Mercury Drug Citi Card||₱2,000.00||₱900.00|
|Citi PremiereMiles Card||₱5,000.00||₱2,500.00|
|Citi Platinum Visa||₱5,000.00||₱2,500.00|
|Citi Rewards Card||₱2,500.00||₱1,250.00|
|Citi Prestige Card||₱12,000.00|
*Non-waivable and billed in full on the first statement
*Free for the first seven supplementary cards
The following cards already make a good deal, considering the monthly perks it brings such as cash rebates for all purchases and bills, promotions for specific purchases, never-expiring reward points and more.
These citicards also won’t eat up your salary because of the reasonable interest rates it has.
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.50%|
|Citi Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.64% inclusive of the Citi Cash Advance Service Charge|
But how to Citibank create figure for each interest rates?
To determine a cardholder’s interest rate, daily balance is multiplied to the daily interest rate (which is computed by dividing the general rate by 30). Calculation is repeated every day to compute the total monthly rate for the billing period.
This method has been working fine for the consumers as they can see how and why they are presented with such amount for their every billing period. The small interest rate is based on a ₱20, 000.00 av-ailment only.
Now that we have learned how they generate the numbers, let this easy application steps help us make our minds in getting a credit card from this bank.
Citibank credit card is easy to apply for because of the convenience they provide their clients. Online citi has been created with an ambition of bringing ease and comfort for their new and existing cardholders.
Anyone can apply hassle-free application through online citi. It is done by submitting all the required documents using your smart gadget, filling up their application form, and waiting for a good five to seven days after approval to get your card.
Although Citibank openly accepts application from anyone, bear in mind that they also have a few qualifications to know if someone is eligible to have a citicard. The criterias are:
In order to qualify for this card:
- Must be at least 21 years of age if you’re applying as a primary holder and at least 16 years old for the supplementary holder.
- Must be a resident of the Philippines with a valid local billing address.
- Must be earning an amount of at least P 180, 000 per annum.
- Must own a postpaid landline or mobile phone.
- Must present a Tax Identification Number (TIN) and SSS/GSIS number.
Convinced already? Here are the requirements that you’ll need:
- A completely filled-out application form
- For Employed:
- 2 Government issued IDs
- An up-to-date Income Tax Return (ITR) duly stamped as received by the BIR
- W2 (BIR Form 2316)
- Latest payslip issued within the last 3 months
- Certificate of Employment
- 1 Photocopy of most recent credit card billing statement from other banks (If any)
- For Self-employed:
- Government issued IDs,
- An up-to-date audited financial statement (AFS) duly stamped as received by the BIR
- Official receipt of the latest Income Tax Return (ITR) duly stamped as received by the BIR
- A photocopy of your most recent credit card billing statement from other banks (if any)
- For Foreign Nationals:
- Working Permit (with a validity of 1 year; not yet expired at time of application)
- OR Immigration Certificate of Residence (ICR)
- OR Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR – iCard type with permanent status)
The above requirements are a proof of how worry-free and painless the application for a Citibank credit card is.
If you are a first-timer or a beginner, it is advised to get a card which you can utilize properly. Citi Cash Back card, for example, is a great option if you’d like to receive fair amount cash back for every purchase you make locally or internationally.
In conclusion, the card you should get is the one that you can make the most of. Something that is not only affordable, but useful and dependable especially when you are in times of need.