Online banking is an electronic payment system that is widely used today to conduct a range of transactions on the internet. In the Philippines, one of the leading banks for such services is BPI or Bank of the Philippine Islands. Why bank online? It makes life so much easier, transactions smoother, and your wants within your reach. But take for example, I haven’t transacted online for months, and I already forgot my BPI Online password and had trouble signing in?
Am I doomed forever? Will I lost my account? Certainly, no. This article will guide you through a series of steps to recover a forgotten BPI password for you to enjoy online banking once again.
1. Visit www.bpiexpressonline.com and click the inquiry “Forgot your username and password?” which is located on the right side of the website, just below the BPI Express online banking login button.
2. You will be given two options by the website. Choose to Tick “Activate your nominated password in any BPI Express Teller ATM” now or Activate your nominated password by calling BPI trough Express Phone.
3. The site will bring you to another page, where you will fill in the required information. Your account number is located at the back of your card. Choose between savings account or checking account. Your JAI (Joint Account Indicator) on the other hand, is at the lower right side of your card.
4. Please enter your nominated password:
4.1 Password should be 6 to 12 non-blank alpanumeric characters.
4.2 Passwrds are case sensitive.
4.3 Your new password cannot be your first or last name.
5. Once this is done, again, there are two ways to activate your new password. One way, which is what I am advising you to do, is to go to any BPI ATM and follow these instructions:
i. Insert your card.
ii. Select “Special Services”.
iii. Select “Activate Enrollments”.
iv. Select “Express Online/Express Mobile App”.
v. Wait for 5 minutes until “EOL ACTIVATION REQUEST ACCEPTED” flash on the screen.
5. Another way to activate your new password is to call BPI through Express phone at the following hotlines:
Greater Metro Manila Area 89-100
Domestic Toll Free 1-800-188-89100
Once you are connected, follow these instructions:
Dial 3 “For Internet and Mobile Banking”
Dial 1 “For Express Online”
Dial 1 “To Reset Your Internet Banking Password”
Your nominated password will be activated five (5) minutes after ATM activation.
Please read the confirmation page for instruction on how to activate your nominated password.
Please ensure that you keep your User ID and password CONFIDENTTIAL all the times.
And voilà, you now have completed the process of changing your BPI Online Express password. You just have to follow these successful steps and you’re good to go.