Getting married in Philippine Embassy Riyadh can be beneficial and wise for OFW couples who wanted to be legally married in an Arab country and at the same time save themselves from a huge amount of money they’re probably going to spend with all the planning and preparations in order to seal their vows to each other.
Marriage and family, when we’re coming of age, are one of our top priorities before we start to settle down with our lives. Even though there are several Filipinos working abroad, it’s safe to say that marrying a Filipino would probably make you feel like you’re close to your birth country. Fortunately, marriage court in Riyadh allows Filipino to get married through Philippine Embassy located at Saudi Arabia.
General Requirements For each party
- Original Birth Certificate from PSA, authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Manila.
- Original Certificate of no Marriage (CENOMAR) from PSA (Valid at least 6 months.), authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Manila.
- For single contracting parties aged 18 – 21 years old: Parental consent, notarized and authenticated by DFA (red ribbon).
- For single contracting parties aged 21 – 25 years old: Parental advice, notarized and authenticated by DFA (red ribbon)
- For Widow/Widower: PSA issued Marriage Contract and PSA issued Death Certificate authenticated by DFA (red ribbon)
- For contracting parties with Annulled Marriages: PSA issued Amended Marriage Contract authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs; Certificate of Finality of Decision and Court Order.
- Passport copy of each party (data page only).
(2×2 photo) 2 pcs. for each party.
- Application FORMS for Marriage: Available in the Embassy’s website www.riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/ and at the Consular Section. THESE FORMS SHOULD BE TYPEWRITTEN (EXCEPT FOR THE SIGNATURES) WHEN BROUGHT TO THE EMBASSY, TO MINIMIZE ERRORS AND FOR LEGIBLE.
- Application for Marriage License
- Marriage License
- Joint Affidavit
- Public Notice
- Applicant’s contact details
- Submit the required documents to the Consular Section (counter no. 4)
- Pay the required fees at the cashier;
- After ten(10) days of the prescribed public posting of your marriage, arrange the schedule of your wedding with the concerned consular assistant at Tel.No.01-4823816; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service Fees:
- Joint Affidavit: SR100.00
- Application for Marriage License: SR100.00
- Marriage Solemnization: SR 240.00
- (Partial payment of SR200. upon submission of all the requirements.)
- (Full payment of SR240. on the day of solemnization). Total= SR440.00
- YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE A MAXIMUM OF FOUR (4) VISITORS/GUESTS ONLY TO THE CEREMONY IN THE EMBASSY’S PREMISES.
- Bride – Formal/Semi-Formal dress or gown
- Groom – Barong Tagalog/Business suit/Long-sleeved shirt with tie
Guidelines and Procedures to Get Married
- Schedule your marriage accordingly because the embassy only schedules the marriage every Tuesdays and Thursday.
- Since marriage ceremonies usually starts at 2:00 PM, every couple is advised to be there at least two (2) hours before it starts so you can do the preparation and check if all the information you’ve provided in the forms are correct and you don’t have any outstanding fees.
- There’s a specific dress for both men and women to be followed. For Bride, they can wear a formal or semi-formal dress or gown and for Groom, they can wear barong Tagalog or business suit or long-sleeved shirt with tie.
- There are also other couples getting married on the same day you’ve choses. Usually there are at least 5 or 7 couples marrying on the same day.
- Four (4) guests are only allowed to be part of the ceremony for every couple getting a civil wedding.
- Unlike with traditional Filipino wedding, that takes hours before it will be done, this civil or contract marriage only takes up to 30 minutes to be done.
For more information, visit the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh located at Diplomatic Quarter, Ummayah Abu As-Salat Street, P.O 94366, Riyadh 11693, Saudi Arabia. The office working hours is from Sunday-Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
NOTE: Marriage between Filipino nationals only are performed by an authorized or duly commissioned consular officer within Embassy premises.