In all parts of the globe, it is important to have validity and proper legality of your stay whenever you travel to visit or to tour in a native country.

In the Philippines, it is required that all immigrants, foreign and Filipinos who work abroad, going and returning to the Philippines, to get an ACR I-Card who intended to stay for more than 59 days.

This also means you are properly residing in the country and that you are a registered on file in the security agencies of the Philippines; likewise, all foreign nationals under immigrant and non-immigrant visas including holders of Temporary Visitors’ Visa, who have stayed for more than 59 days in the Philippines need to apply for an ACR I-Card. Among the Philippine Visa categories are Permanent Resident, Native-Born, Special Non-Immigrant, Worker, Probationary Resident, Voluntary Registrant, Tourist, Student, Treaty Trader and Gratis.

For some of the foreigners and Filipinos, you might be confused with the Alien Registration Number. To better determine the Alien Registration Number, you can find it in the NOA2 (approval notice) that starts with letter A. It is very important to know this since this is your assigned unique identification number while staying in the Philippines. An ACR I-Card then has one (1) year validity. Once it is expiring, the holder ACR I-card renewal must be requested. Renewals and tourist are quicker than the new Visa application. Tourist Visa fee will cost you $50 USD.


To give you a better idea, here are the renewal requirements of Alien Certificate Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card):

(Please be reminded that all foreign nationals who are existing ACR I-Card holders whose basis of renewal is any of the following)

  1. Expiration of the one year validity of the card.
  2. Re-registration of alien upon reaching the age of 14.
  3. Change of Visa status
  4. Replacement of ACR as required under the Alien Registration Act of 1950, as amended.

Documentary Requirements for Renewal of ACR I-Card:

  1. Accomplished ACR I-Card renewal application form (BI Form 2014-08-010 Rev 0)
  2. Original ACR I-Card
  3. Photocopy of Passport Bio-Page, visa implementation page and latest admission with valid authorized stay
  4. Certified true copy issued by the Records Section of the Board of Commissioner (BOC)’s Order granting visa (for internal verification purposes)
  5. Certified true copy issued by the Records Section of the Alien Certificate of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Residence (for paper-based ACR holders)

In case, there are some amendments such as the change of address, additional requirements must be presented:

  1. Certificate of Residence from the Barangay Captain
  2. Photocopy of ACR I-Card
  3. Affidavit of Change of Address

You can request the renewal at the Bureau of Immigration’s Main Office or other BI Offices near you.

During the renewal, you need to bring and do the following:

1. Duly accomplished Application Form
2. Duly accomplished Checklist with complete documentary requirements.
3. Submit the application and the checklists along with the complete documentary requirements.
4. Check the database for any derogatory record.
5. Get an Order of Payment Slip (OPS).
6. Pay the required fees:

a. I-Card Fee is $50.
b. Express Fee is ₱500.00.

7. Submit copy of Official Receipt.
8. Upon evaluation of the application and approved, the ACR I-Card shall be printed and issued
9. Present claim stub and identification (ID) card.

Important Reminder: As of January 2, 2017, the Bureau of Immigration had informed the ACR holder that they must be reporting after 60 days a year after the issuance of ACR I-Card, otherwise, they had to pay express lane fee for non-appearance of ₱500.00, and submit a special power of attorney with valid government-issued ID, valid passport, present and undertaking to fulfill obligations in case of aliens with liabilities and the official receipt of the latest Annual Report fee paid. If within the 60 days, there will be no fees at all.

SEE ALSO: How to become permanent citizen of Philippines

Leave a Reply

Notify of