Philippines has surely made its way as one of the top tourist destinations all over the world. Composed of more than seven thousand islands, this country enthralled foreign tourists across the world to experience the beauty offered by nature. Whether visiting a friend, loved ones, family, maybe even your future fiancé, or taking some time to unwind, many people have tempted to stay longer here in the Philippines.

But how long can a foreign visitor stay here in the Philippines? And what will happen if a foreigner overstay in the Philippines?

Here are the things you should take in mind for all foreign nationals who’d like to stay longer in the Philippines.


How much is the penalty for overstaying aliens in the Philippines without a Valid Visa?

If you are a foreign national staying in the Philippines without valid visa, it may be a business or fiancé visa, and have been overstaying given the valid month(s) of stay, here are the list of overstaying charges that could be given.

(1) One Month Overstay₱4,000.00
(3) Three Months Overstay₱13,000.00
(6) Six Months Overstay₱18,000.00
(12) Twelve Months Overstay₱30,000.00
(2) Two Years Overstay₱60,000.00
(5) Five Years Overstay₱150,000.00
(10) Ten Years Overstay₱300,000.00
(15) Fifteen Years Overstay₱440,000.00

What are the steps and procedure to be allowed for overstaying in the Philippines?

To avoid visa extension penalty or fine for overstaying in the Philippine here are the following instructions that you should do. According to Section 9 (a) of the Philippine Immigration Act (PIA) of 1940, or better known as Executive Order No. 408, all foreigners may extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than 1) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and 2) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

You can apply at the BI Main office in Manila and submit the following:

  1. TVS-C-VE-2016 with complete documentary requirements
  2. Application Form
  3. Additional information on Applicant’s children if needed.
After fulfilling all the requirements stated above, here are the next steps:
    1. You should secure the CGAF from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the official BI Website.

SEE ALSO: How Can a Foreigner Open Bank Account in Philippines?

  1. Your completely filled-out application form and attachments together with the passport should be submitted to the frontline officer.
  2. After that, if you have no derogatory records, a BI Clearance Certificate shall be issued. Otherwise, you must proceed to the Verification and Certification Unit for Clearance.
  3. Get your Order of Payment Slip and proceed to Cashier for payment.
  4. Pay the fees and get the Official Receipt.
  5. Submit the Official Receipt with the application form, attachments and passport to the receiving/assessment Officer.
  6. Claim the passport stamped with the requested extension of stay.

For all the prices or needed payment of these extensions, visit the website of the Bureau of Immigration for a thorough details of fees for visa and non-visa required nationals.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here