Hong Kong is considered to have one of the strongest economy in the world. Its banking and financial sectors did not only attract foreign investors, but as well as Filipino workers to give this region a shot on improving their lives.

With many – Filipinos in Hong Kong working, one of their major requirements is renewal of their passports.

Filipino Overseas Worker don’t need to worry now because online application for renewal of passport is now possible.

How to Renew Passport in Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong?

    1. Download the e-passport application form.
    2. Send the accomplished form through an email (epass.app@gmail.com) with the following information:
      • Photocopy of your passport page (biopic page: name and photo)
      • Desired appointment date
    3. Check your email for an Appointment Slip.
    4. Bring the slip, passport, and other requirements on the appointment date.
    5. Wear decent attire (with sleeves and collar) for the photo to be taken at the Consulate. NO need to bring a passport photograph.

Reminders: Applicants are advised to submit their applications in advance.

      • 8 months before their scheduled travel.
      • Or at least before the expiration of their Hong Kong work visas to avoid inconvenience.
      • Philippine passports may be renewed as early as 1 year before the expiry date.
      • Processing Time: 2 months

Fee: HK$480.00 for a new or renewal of Philipine Passport in Hong Kong and HK$1,200.00 for the replacement of lost e-Passport.

Services Related to Philippine Passport

Similar to the renewal of Philippine passport in Hong Kong, you’ll have to send an email in applying for any of the following services:

      1. First-time application for children born in Hong Kong.
      2. Passport Application for Naturalized Filipinos
      3. Lost Passports
        • Tourist
        • Contract Workers/Residents
      4. Amendments/Report of Marriage
        • Married in the Philippines
        • Married in Hong Kong SAR
        • Married elsewhere
      5. Married female applicants reverting to maiden name
        • For Widows
        • For Annulled Marriages
        • For Divorcees
        • Divorce among Filipino Muslims

Claiming the Philippine Passport

Don’t forget to bring the OLD passport in claiming the new passport; otherwise, the new passport will NOT be released.

You can claim the new passport or ask any of your immediate family members (spouse, sibling, parent, child of legal age) with an authorization letter within 6 months; otherwise, it will be cancelled.

Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong

Contact Information:
Address: 14th Floor, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty
Hong Kong SAR
Tel: (+852) 2823-8501
Fax: (+852) 2866-9885; 2866-8559
Email: hongkong.pcg@dfa.gov.ph, hongkongphilcongen@gmail.com
Directory Contact Information
Website: hongkongpcg.dfa.gov.ph
Facebook: https://ofwmoney.org/


Passport HK$ 480.00
Amendment HK$ 160.00
Report of Marriage/Birth HK$ 200.00
Travel Document HK$ 240.00
Affidavit of Loss HK$ 200.00
Affidavit of Mutilation HK$ 200.00
Verification Fee HK$ 40.00
Replacement of Lost Green/MRP Passport HK$ 800.00
Replacement of Lost e-passport HK$ 1200.00

How to authenticate and Red-ribbon Documents?

Filipinos who want to work abroad needs to red-ribboned their documents because some embassies and consulates require documents to be certified by the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) to be authenticated and genuine. So if you’re one of those who’s interested in HK immigration, you’ll need to have your documents red-ribboned.

  1. Fill up application form.
  2. Present a valid ID upon submission of the documents to the processing window
  3. Pay the Php 100.00 authentication fee (per document cost)
  4. Return the duplicate copy of the receipt to the processing window
  5. Claim the authenticated copy of the document on the release date stated upon presenting the machine-validated receipt at the releasing window
  6. Claim your documents personally but authorized representatives are allowed provided that proper letter of request and special power of attorney from the applicant. Provide a photocopy of the applicant’s valid and updates ID bearing it’s signature as well as representative’s own ID with signature too.

There are ways to claim and get your DFA red ribbon sealed document A. Personally picking it up and B. would be a door to door delivery service either by DHL or LBC.

  • You will be given a stub after the application process. Just go back to DFA on the date indicated on the stub.
  • Drop your stub on the box beside the “Releasing” Office and wait for your name to be called.

Leave a Reply

Notify of