Qatar has been known as one of the countries in the Southwest Asia with the most number of OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers). It is known as the top destination for OFWs who wanted to try their luck in the Middle East. According Qatar’s Philippine Embassy, almost 10 % of Qatar’s population, which is approximately 1.8 million people comprised of Filipinos- the second to the most dominant Asian group living in Qatar.
With millions of Filipinos residing in Qatar, most are wondering with the steps and requirements they need to do for the renewal of their passports for the extension of their stay while abroad.
What are the passport renewal requirements?
No need for appointment. Just visit the Embassy during office hours, 7am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday. Requirements are (1)personal appearance, (2) original and photocopy of old passport and (3) fee of QR240. Release is 6-8 weeks from application. Please give ample time for passport renewal and avoid renewing at the last minute.
To renew the Philippine passport in Doha, Qatar, personal appearance is required wearing the proper clothing.
- Bring the requirements for the renewal passport at the Philippine Embassy in Doha, Qatar.
- Accomplished e-Passport application form (Use BLACK INK)
- Original passport
- Photocopy of passport data page and last page
- Fee: QR 240.00
What are the processes during the renewal of passport?
- The Applicant should first go to the passport Processing Area.
- Then he/she should proceed to the Cashier to pay for the E-Passport, which again costs QAR 240.00
- After that they will be asked certain information about themselves and have their picture taken in the Passport Encoding Area.
- Lastly, the Applicant can now proceed to the Releasing Section to be informed about the date of released of his/her renewed passport.
- For Special Power of Attorney (SPA) – QR100 per document
What Not to Wear:
- Gauzy, transparent shirts or blouse and pants that expose undergarments
- Sando, strapless or spaghetti-strap blouse
- Shirts/blouses with plunging necklines
- Walking shorts, cycling shorts, leggings, pants/shorts with very low waistlines
- Shorts / mini-skirts with cuts of more than three 3 inches above the knee
How many days to renew Philippines Passport in Qatar?
- Bring the old passport when you claim the new passport. The processing time is 6-8 weeks.
- New epassport application forms (2 pages each for adult and minor).
- Also available for download at: http://dohape.dfa.gov.ph/downloads