As an OFW, there are different requirements needed to be processed prior to departure. You will need to pay and update documents for your OWWA, PAG-IBIG, PHIL HEALTH, and your Overseas Employment Certificate (your payment gateway in the Philippines). That is why you as a Filipino, it is your responsibility to handle those, because it is under the law.
You may schedule your vacation or emergency leave from you work abroad but that doesn’t mean that you have to spend all your limited time waiting at the long queue for your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). Of course, you want to fully spend your precious time with your family and loved ones.
Luckily, POEA has been improving their system so as to make it simpler and easier for the OFWs. It is normal for firs timers to be confused, which is why we are here guide you for the Overseas Employment Certificate Online.
Generally, we have 2 types of payment: first is the online payment, second is the POEA Branch payment. Though the second one is mostly applicable for those who wanted to update their OEC.
With that, let’s discuss the steps on how to make a payment online. You’ll need access to your online account through http://bmonline.ph/ . If you don’t have any, it’s easy to register – go to BM Online and enter the necessary details in the New User area to register. Be sure that you enter a valid and active email address, because BM Online will send your account verification through it, and then log in to your account.
6 Easy Steps to Pay for your OEC through online payment:
- First, log in to your account at the BM Online and enter your last OEC number (for updating purposes)
- Second, click YES or NO when asked if you will return to the same employer and jobsite. If NO, you are required to set for an appointment on any of the nearest POEA Branches. While clicking YES will enable you to access the online payment procedures
- Third, update the information listed in the 3 forms wherein you are required to enter the Personal Information, add the Contract Particulars, and also list the Legal Beneficiaries/Qualified Dependents
- Fourth, enter your Flight Schedule, confirm if you’ll be returning to the same employer and jobsite, and confirm all the information you entered are correct. Then click on the acquire OEC or Exemption
- Fifth, choose from the payment method that best fits you – Banks over-the-counter, Banks Online, Non-banks over the counter, or GCash. Be sure to read exactly the payment instructions sent in your email account
- Lastly, log in again to your BM Online account and print 3 copies of your OEC; make sure to bring it with you on your flight schedule and present those at the Airline Company to get the tax exemption, Airport Counter to get the no terminal fee, and Bureau of Immigration. If you wanted to see your OEC details again, you can go to “My Transactions” in your account.
Now you know the procedure, you should also know the accredited banks and payment centers to pay for your OEC online. The POEA OEC Processing Fee costs ₱100.00 and because online payment is through Dragonpay, you’ll have an additional fee of ₱19.50 for a total of ₱119.50. It’s just a little amount for convenience, right?
- POEA Processing Fee – ₱100 (per E-receipt/OEC)
- PAG-IBIG Contribution – ₱100 (minimum amount per month)
- OWWA Membership Contribution – $25 USD (or its peso equivalent)
- PHILHEALTH Contribution – ₱2,400 (one year coverage)
Here are the lists of accredited Banks for OEC Payment:
- Over the Counter Banking
- Banco de Oro Over-the-counter – processing immediately
- Landbank Over-the-counter
- Metrobank Over-the-counter – processing immediately once validated
- Online Banking
- BDO Internet Banking – processing immediately
- BPI Express Online/Mobile – processing immediately
- Chinabank Online
- EastWest Banker – processing immediately
- Metrobankdirect – processing immediately
- RCBC AccessOne – processing immediately
- Unionbank EON – processing immediately
- Unionbank Internet Banking – processing immediately
- UCPB Connect- processing immediately
However, there may be a chance that you don’t have a bank account, you might ask where to pay for the OEC. In that case you can choose the Non-banks over-the-counter or Filipino remittances for your payment.
- Non-Banks Over-the-Counter
- Bayad Center – processing immediately
- Cebuana Lhuillier PeraPal – processing immediately
- ECPay (Pawnshops, Payment Centers) – processing next day
- Robinson Department Store – processing at the end of the day
- SM Department,Supermarket, or Savemore Counter – processing next day
- GCash – processing immediately